Raising money for any type of organization can always be a challenge, especially during a flailing economy. The following are a handful of ideas that might be of help next time you are in charge of planning a fundraising event:
- Silent Auction- While a silent auction definitely ideas for silent auction requires some foresight and planning, it can be a surefire way to raise quite a bit of money for your organization. In order to effectively organize and hold a silent auction, there needs to be quite a few high-end donated goods available for auction. It is these items that people are coming after, and it’s these items that make people bid. In addition to higher-end items, you might have other services, products, baskets of goodies, etc. to auction off for people looking to help a good cause, but not spend an arm and a leg at a silent auction.
- Bake Sale – A bake sale is a deliciously easy way to raise money for your organization as people are usually pretty generous when it comes to donating baked goods. While a bake sale won’t make a ton of money, it definitely is a low organizational cost way to earn something for your cause. It’s also a fun way to help expose your organization to a new group of people.
- Car Wash – Everybody loves a car wash, especially when it is free. Free, you ask? Turns out, when you hold a “free” carwash and accept donations, people are more likely to donate more than they would have probably paid for a carwash. It’s a win-win for both of you. They’re getting to help out a good cause and get a clean car and you’re earning money.
- Bingo Night – Bingo is a great way to earn money, while providing a fun night for all in attendance. In order to organize a fundraising Bingo night, attendants must be aware that all proceeds go towards the organization. Prizes for winning can be donated items or services, so that all money raised during the evening will directly benefit your organization. Be sure to read bingo reviews prior to organizing such a fundraising event to ensure that all rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Charity Ball – Everyone loves an excuse to dress up for a night on the town. Organize a fancy charity ball for the community to earn money for your organization. Attendees will pay an initial ticket fee which will include dinner and entertainment. Often times you’ll find community businesses who will be willing to donate their restaurant services for the evening or even their services as entertainment for the evening.